This mix is an hours worth of 60s Ghanaian highlife from the record collection of my grandfather, the late Col. (RTD) W.C.O Acquaye-Nortey.
These are a few of the records that he and my Grandma would bring out when hosting a party - all credit for the good taste goes to them. These are my favourites from their collection and this mix is dedicated to them.
Varying amounts of crackle due to age and wear.
Much love and thanks for all the support over the years go to my grandparents, mum, Auntie Rose, rest of my family, Mitali, tom, The Mantissa crew, and all my mates from Bath Uni and Wilson's.
- Ghana Armed Forces Dance Band - Mensere Oyarefo
- African Brothers (Int.) Band - Nea Onipa Beye Biara
- Kakaiku's Band - Mehwe Ma Setra Mu A
- E.T. Mensah & His Tempos Band - Abele
- Black Beats Band - Minani Mina
- Black Beats Band - Obedi Adame Daa
- Teacher & His Africana - Oheneba
- E.T. Mensah & His Tempos Band - Odo Anigyina
- Ramblers Dance Band - Oburoni Woewu
- Kakaiku's Band - Adasa Pe Ma Adee Wo
- Teacher & His Africana - Mempa Aba
- Ramblers Dance Band - Oyi Edze - Baion
- African Brothers 'Afrohili 74' - Daben Na Meka Masem
- E.T. Mensah & His Tempos Band - Nku
- African Brothers 'Afrohili 74' - Sensam
- Ahamano's Guitar Band - Metease Mannya Ade
- E.T. Mensah & His Tempos Band - Madanfo Hiani
- Ghana Armed Forces Dance Band - Anto Bow